Re: Trademarks and domain namees

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:36:04 -0800
 To:  Suzanne Ankerbrand <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:34 PM 1/4/01 -0800, Suzanne Ankerbrand wrote:
>Hi,
>Have a client who whose company name has been trademarked for 10 years or
>so. He wants to use the company name as his domain, but discovered someone
>else registered the name a few months ago. He's in a tizz and doesn't
>understand how someone could take his trademarked name and want's to know
>if he has legal right to the domain name.

There are many articles on my site dealing with this issue that he should
read.  Click on "Articles About Trademarks."

He can contact me for further information.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com