Re: Cookie Free Site?

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:57:20 +0100
 To:  Michael Ricker <staff(at)managementspecialties.com>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:12 AM 3/28/00 , Michael Ricker wrote:

>Cookie Free Shopping Cart

We use Extropia's Web Store for our commerce sites, and it is very powerful and flexible. It uses a hidden field to pass the cart ID from one page to the next, which is a LOT better solution than requiring a cookie. [I, too, abhor cookies, so I sympathize with your client.]

It's done in Perl, .. so the learning curve can be a little steeper than one of the 'drop dead dumb IIS/ASP apps', .. but once you have it running it's great.

>Cookie Free Banner Ad Management System
>Cookie Free Poll/Survey System
>Cookie Free .htaccess Manager that logs accesses

I have seen a Perl app to do this, .. but I cannot find my notes. You might search CPAN or PERL.org. Ditto for the other apps - once you get into the Perl world, you will find a lot more flexibility.

We are just now expanding on our PHP knowledge base, which might be another avenue.

         Lee