Re: Attracting visitors

by Paul Sciortino <paul(at)hieroglyphs.net>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:33:31 -0600
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Is there some trick to getting listed by Yahoo? Ours is a well-designed site=
 with some unique tools for folks interested in the language of ancient=
 Egypt. We've submitted our site to Yahoo about once every other month since=
 November but without success. How's it work?

-Paul

>To state the obvious: register for search engines. If your site=20
>covers a specialty, say Cardigan Welsh Corgis, this would be a huge=20
>boon since anyone with an arcane interest turns first to search=20
>engines. For most sites, all you really need to do is register and=20
>there is no need to do search engine positioning tricks. But do add=20
>META tags to your pages and make sure the TITLE and body text=20
>succinctly capture what you want people to find.

Paul Sciortino
paul(at)hieroglyphs.net
218-724-4763

http://Hieroglyphs.net  -- For people interested in the=20
language and literature of ancient Egypt.