RE: Critique of Fulbright pages

by "Marion Podolski" <marion(at)podolski.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:01:56 -0700
 To:  "Cath White" <cwhite(at)tinyonline.co.uk>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Prototype home pages: 4 screen views in Assignment 2 at
> http://www.bbk.ac.uk/cems/students/zbzma9u/

Cath,

I checked out your 4 prototypes, and they're all WAY much better than the
original. You may not have graphic design training, but you certainly have
the right instincts! Personally I thought #1 and #3 show the most promise. I
liked the style of both, and I thought either could be the basis for what
looks to be a large site, with ever changing contents. I particularly liked
the use of the red stripes as headers in #3.

Overall, though, from a practical point of view, I think that #1 with its
side nav bar would be the clearest format in terms of your expected viewers.
They're not really going to be "just browsing", but more targetting in on
finding specific information.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing the next version of this!

Marion

MSIE 4.01, NN 4.51, Opera 3.51 28k modem, 24 bit Color, 1280x1024 with Large
Fonts