Re: Critique Request

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_Sch=F6ning?= <gerhard.schoening(at)talknet.de>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:54:06 +0200
 To:  "Martin McCarthy" <roland(at)ninehells.org>
 Cc:  "HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Martin,

I agree with Ann about background. In addition, your color for visited links
is much too light, I think you might use a darker gray.

Navigation bars: IMHO, it was better to read if you changed its colors in
one of these ways:
1) color of font much brighter, letters bold, for good contrast (my
preference)
2) color of background: same color as the brighter color of font (tolerable)
3) letters bold (at least!)
I like the unusual idea to put the link to homepage to the MIDDLE of the
navigation bar... the homepage IS the center of a website :-) Many people,
used to top left corner, might be confused first, though...

Portfolio: screenshot thumbnail for "Chickenscratch" is missing.

Overall, one of those clear, bright sites that I like :-)

IE 5.0, ISDN (64k), WIN 98, PII 350, 256 MB
21", 32-bit colors, 1280x1024
Cookies: off
Javascript: on
ActiveX etc.: by demand