Re: critique this site, please

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sun, 3 Jan 1999 16:50:55 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Please critique the following site:
>http://www.basingstokefarms.com
>It is a commercial site for an eventing horse farm.
>Thank you.

Hi Martie:

Your design is very clean and easy to navigate --the onmouseover effects are
a nice touch.  I also like your font choice --very attractive.

Some improvements I think would benefit the site would be the following:

--A white background would be more attractive than the gray.

--Also, you should place the following tag somewhere just after your <body>
tag:  <a name="top"> and then the link for "[back to top]" should be:
"#top"  or "index.html#top".  It takes too long to load the entire website
again the way you currently have the link set up.

--I would also add an HSPACE and VSPACE attribute to your bottom right
image.  The text seems to be flush against it.

--The paragraph at the beginning that starts with "Established in 1993"
seems a bit jagged being that it's flush right.  You might try flushing the
text left, but it appears you'd have to do the same for all your
right-handed table cells so that you don't disrupt the appearance.

Take care,
Mike
http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/