Re: Website - again

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Nov 1999 05:52:55 -0600
 To:  <cef(at)map.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your site looks very clean and professional in my opinion, as it should for
financial services, and I liked the photos of people on the front page.
They looked like people with whom it would be fun to do business.  The
rollovers were very subtle.

I'm on my laptop this morning, Windows 95, 28K, IE 4.0 256 colors and a
640x480 screen.  The opening page was a little wide for my page, I had to
scroll to get it all on the screen and the colors of the navbar barely
showed any change due to the rollover.  Loading was plenty fast enough.

The main question I had, though, is what information will the surfer be
looking for on this site?  It is very low-key.  Probably the company doesn't
need to promote themselves, because of all the great word-of-mouth referrals
they get,  but then why do you need the site?  If it were me, I'd try to
find a few clear statements of what the company can do for its clients.

My comments may be way off base due to my lack of knowledge about your
particular situation,  but that's how it struck me.

Best regards,
Kim

Kimberley Mitchell
kim(at)mighty-sites.com