Re: Family Deli Critique

by "Natalie Verge" <nsv(at)mb.sympatico.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:06:37 -0600
 To:  "Michael Kennedy" <kennedmc1(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Looks very nice, but I have a problem with your title graphics on each page.
They do not look very professional as they are distorted by your use of the
height and width attributes to change their sizes. Make the images the
correct size and they will not look uneven as they do now.

As well, they are not anti-aliased so they look jagged. They need to be
smoother. Don't forget, when you make the new ones (anti-aliased), to do
them on a white background, not black. You don't really need to make them
transparent, since they aren't obscuring any graphic beneath them.

Also, I would make a graphic for the index page's title. It looks very
unexciting as text - especially as times new roman.

You might also put in some more graphics for interest - food pictures,
banquet scenes etc. so people can really see what these caterers are capable
of. Or you could make the whole thing look more like a real menu, with some
decorative graphics or heading titles, etc. The site just needs a bit of
"oomph!".

Finally, I would standardize your main text font from page to page. on some
it's Arial, others Times. You should choose one and use it throughout.
--
Natalie Verge
Talk to me:  mailto:nsv(at)mb.sympatico.ca