Re: private german homepage

by "Lutz Foerster" <lutz(at)foerster.com>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:47:52 +0100
 To:  "Gail Miller" <gmiller(at)gatewayone.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Gail,

thanks for the friendly words, such a critique is always welcome :-)

>My suggestion would be to keep the navigation elements the same on each
>page (either in-line or stacked; it doesn't matter but IMHO they should
>be consistent from page to page).

Well, that's a 'standard problem', I haven't found a solution for without
frames.
Between the first pages of each area the navigation is the same with the
oval gifs. From every introduction there's a link to the homepage, the other
areas and the link-page.
The difficulty begins within an area. I do not want users to jump in all
directions so there are only links within the area, to the introduction page
of the area and one to the homepage. I believe the system is used
consequent, but perhaps not clearly enough.

>Your photographs are so nice that I suggest that you consider putting a
>drop shadow around them to give them a little depth. (See the page
>Demitrius asked us to critique the other day for a examples:
>http://www.vanburengolf.com ) I think that would give them even greater
>impact.
Yeah, I've tried it and it looks quiet great. That's a good tip, I will
realize it.

>I really wish I could read German. Looks like your kayak sightseeing
>trip was great fun!
If anybody plans to take a trip to the croatian coast I will translate it
;-)

Lutz