Re: Critique of Update Online Requested

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:23:23 -0800 (PST)
 To:  waynef(at)cyberenet.net,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The site is solid, the main problems I have with it are:

1. It is long, all on one page. you have several sections,
which could be separate pages. then just have a highlight
or two from some of the sections on the front page along
with the main story or whatever.

2. It is linear and all centered, with little visual
interest. I would consider making it more like a real
newspaper, with teasers about articles inside, with
multiple columns, with an index that is easily found.

have fun,

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop

---Wayne Fisher <waynef(at)cyberenet.net> wrote:

> Good afternoon all:
>
> In the past, I have requested a critique of the Update
Online site
> (http://www.gaywired.com/update), which is an online gay
and lesbian
> news magazine for the San Diego area.  I received some
very helpful
> feedback, and performed a lot of cleanup on the site
based upon your
> feedback.
>
> Anyone willing to take a look (once again) at the
finished product and
> let me know if I missed anything that still should be
cleaned up?