RE: white space

by "S. Beach" <sabrina_beach(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 1999 05:33:48 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
How can you all say this is "browser dependent?"  Not once...even on
WebTV...have I viewed a page of mine that used the technique quoted
below and not have it work the way it was intended.  Even at
different font sizes and faces.  I've been doing this since the 2.0
browsers.

Yes...it is an outdated practice on the web...but not impossible.

Show me a mainline browser (AOL, IE, NN, WebTV) that doesn't render
this...i.e. a screenshot or (preferably) URL...and I"ll eat my words.
 Until then, I think those who say "it doesn't work in all cases" are
full of bunk.

--skb

--- "David Silvan (Borderline Technologies)" <v-dsilva(at)microsoft.com>