Re: Requesting Christmas Card Critique

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:37:52 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Shelgas(at)aol.com
 Cc:  HWG Critique <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- Shelgas(at)aol.com wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am normally a chronic lurker but would like some input on this
> years
> Christmas card before I send it off to friends and family.
>
> http://www.shelgas.com/Christmas/christmas2000.html

Sorry, but using Netscape 4.75 on Mac OS 8.5, I can see the card fine,
but absolutely nothing happens when I move the mouse over the gifts.
Even the status bar doesn't change. I can't attest to the sound, as my
computer's sound is screwed up already.

I think the main body of text is in too small a font. It probably looks
just fine on your Windows machine, but it's a bit small on a Mac. It's
not illegibly tiny, though, so you could leave this. The red text under
the tree is plenty bright, IMO, perhaps because this is a Mac. The
images look quite nice. The "Christmas Music" button, being a standard
button, is a bit jarring and out-of-place. Could you replace this with
a custom image pseudo-button?

When Christmas rolls around, is your "Only 16 days 7 hours..." script
going to write something like "Merry Christmas!" or otherwise germaine?
I'm not ready to reset my system clock and restart Netscape to test
that, sorry.

Very nice card!

=====
Michael Greisman