Re: Please critique this site in IE or NN4

by Troy Cefaratti <webmaster(at)sbase1.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 19:49:49 -0500
 To:  james.east(at)nfgs.essex.sch.uk,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>The URL is:
>http://www.zring.holowww.com/
>
>Other suggestions also welcome.

Reviewed with: NN 4.04, 1024x768x16million on a 17" monitor, 28.8 connection.

Initial impressions:

That green about blinded me.
I did not like the blue and green color combination.
Why have an image map if all it is is text?

Technical problems:

Your tables need alot of work. I am assuming that the stuff on the left is
supposed to be in the blue section and everything else in the green.

It did not show up that way for me.  Almost half of the left column was
overhanging into the green section.

The banner at top, which would look best if it were only in the green
section, was accrossed both sections.

The web ring infor at the bottom (which is WAY to big to put on any site,
IMHO) also crossed the green and the blue.

The blue link color is hard to read on the blue background.

Other pages:

The only other page i went to was the statistics page, which looked fine
and was informative.

  Troy Cefaratti                          mailto:mnementh(at)sbase1.com
  Cefaratti Network Solutions                 http://www.sbase1.com/
  StarBase One Communications            mailto:webmaster(at)sbase1.com
  425-A Superior Building
  815 superior Avenue                                 (216) 619-1500
  Cleveland, Ohio 44114