Re: Critique Please

by Nathalie Esteban <nate(at)ucla.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:08:43 -0800
 To:  Jayne <Jayne(at)laloma.com>,
"hwg-critique(at)hwg.org" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

MSIE 4.x, 56K, 800x600 at 24 bit color

IMHO, and ONLY IMHO,

1- First impression: The background completely clashes with the skyline
graphics. Here's a suggestion: Use the blue you have in that skyline
graphic as background solid color, then adjust the pictures so that they
will somehow blend in...

2- Times New Roman has nothing to do with that site. I'd change the default
font to a sans-serif font, like Arial, since the logo  has no serifs
either. And do keep it consistent... throughout the pages, and in every
instance.

3- I think there's more that can be done about the title images for each
page. Use the available space more... Design a graphic navigation system
incorporating the logo, the syline and everything... and put it at the top
of the page, for example, in a way that makes it clear that right now I am
visiting your portfolio.

Honestly, I think that if you can design things like what's on your
portfolio, there is a lot more you can do about this site. Let's put it
this way: if you want to attract more clients and convince them that you're
the best they will ever find, then you should really show off your stuff in
your own company's page. If your company website looks unfinished, or like
something done in 5 minutes on ________ (insert favorite WYSIWYG program),
then no one will venture to see your portfolio, and you won't get any
business.

-Nathalie Esteban

At 10:29 AM 1/28/99 -0800, Jayne wrote:
>Hi All--
>I just did a revamp on my commercial site. Comments and suggestions
>appreciated.
>
>http://www.skyline-design.com
>
>Thanks - Jayne

Live not as though there were a thousand years ahead of you. Fate is at
your elbow; make yourself good while life and power are still yours.

-Marcus Aurelius, 2nd. Century A.D.