Re: Critique my site: http://home.svm.nl/~gerhard/

by Gerhard(at)Frappe.iaf.nl (Gerhard Hoogterp)

 Date:  Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:04:56 GMT
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:38:41 -0500, you wrote:

>I like the site but the menu on the left could be a bit nicer. Little
>things like making the color change when your mouse moves over a link is
>appealing to people visiting your site. Look here to see what I mean. Go
>ahead and take the SourceCode if you like.

=46irst of all, thanks for your remarks and for taking the time to check
out my page.=20

Since the main changes I did recently mostly had to do with
accessability I had to concider a few things. Javascripts and
uplighting gifs may look nice (although somewhat boring.) They also
add to the weight of the page. Double pictures for every items which
has to light up.=20

Since they add (imho of course) very little to the usablity of the
page (selected link has an other color, default hand appears to show
it's a link.) I decided to keep things simple.

In general I'm not a big fan of flashing things. Attention should be
drawn to the content and not to the menus, or worse, to useless
gadgets which are there only of being there.=20

Gerhard
--
LiveSystems Software, http://home.svm.nl/~gerhard
ICQ:4502226