Re: (no subject)

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:26:36 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:28 PM 1/29/99 -0500, Roger Johnson wrote:

>Hi! I'm new to doing webpage design, but I feel that I have a good grasp
>of the basics.
>Can you please critique my site for me?  It would be greatly
>appreciated.
>Roger Johnson
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/1672/

Hello Roger!

First, I would get the Geoguide for the site. Popups suck<G>.

I was not enamored of the welcome and other header graphics like it. Maybe
it was just the colors. However, this can be under personal taste, too.

On the links page, the type goes into the background graphic at 800x600.
This page also scrolls to the right in 640x480. I had to scroll to see the
freeimages.com link. You already have a links graphic at the top of the
page. What is the purpose of the animated links graphic under it?

The load times on the pages I visited were pretty good.

On the background page, the background image tiled at 800x600. Border
backgrounds should be a minimum of 1000 wide. I usually make them 1400 wide
or thereabouts.

You seem to be learning from those classes. Good luck.

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com