Re: Abbey Website

by Cara Fealy Choate <cfealy(at)achoate.com>

 Date:  Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:54:36 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi!

NS 4.6, CableModem, 1024x768, high color (16 bit), 20" monitor.

Just my comments -- it's always easier to break down a site than it is to
build one. <grin>

My main observation: depending on how I resize my browser, the photo
captions either look the way I assume you want to have them look or are
tiny little one-to-two word columns that span down the side of the page.  I
can send you a screen capture, if you'd like. I first noticed it on the
library page.

Also, I didn't really notice a suggested script for the tour. "In the
summer of 1995 the school building was torn down to make way for a lawn,"
makes me curious as to what the lawn looks like now. I felt I was a guest
wandering aimlessly around -- which isn't always a bad thing (I would love
to spend some quiet time in the courtyard) -- but maybe the addition of a
docent suggesting the next page to visit would add another level to the site.

Otherwise, it loads quickly, looks clean and navigates nicely (even with
frames <grin>)

Take care!

/cara