Re: Abbey Website (Pending Update, part 1)

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:41:17 -0400
 To:  <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>,
"HTML Writers Guild / Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Br. Elias,

Just putting in my $0.02, but I hope this helps.  If not, feel free to
ignore.

Being dense as I am, I didn't immediately realize that the picture of the
grounds is an image map.  Might want to say so, and put in links for people
who browse with images turned off.  Also helps with accessibility issues.

Gym page:
Font is very small at 1024x768.  If I knock down the resolution to 640x480,
I get horizontal scrolling for both the navigation frame and the content
frame.  Text wrapping around the second picture looks a little funny.  I
might consider putting the pictures and the text in one row, two cell
tables.  Picture in one cell, text in the other.  You'd lose the wrapping
effect, but it would look consistent at all resolutions.

Powerhouse Page:
Even at 1024x768, it scrolls vertically.  You're mixing font sizes and
weights in the body text, should keep this consistent throughout the site.

Guesthouse Page:
Looks good.

Church Page:
Mixing font weights and sizes again.