Re: Fwd: Thank you for critiquing our web page.

by katsuey <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>

 Date:  Tue, 04 Jul 2000 14:10:04 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:02 PM 06/30/2000 -0500, Laurie Lorum wrote:

>   web site is:  www.ci.mil.wi.us/citygov/health/lab/mainpage.htm

A bit late in answering but here are some quick thoughts.  To be ADA=20
compliant, you need text links in addition to your image links.  Your image=
=20
links also need alt tags - which with some java scripts you have to go in=20
and add manually.

Overall it's a nice layout but frankly the site lacks pizzazz!  I think=20
even a nice reference site such as this can have a little excitement even=20
though I understand it's conservative image.  Also, since the picture at=20
the bottom of the first page gives off an "old fashion" feeling, what about=
=20
an old fashion type embedded font to follow that theme?  The little newsboy=
=20
graphic gives off the same "old fashion" feeling.

I noticed that you used a green font on the first page but the other pages=
=20
use a blue font.  Again, to follow the "old fashion" feel - assuming you=20
want that "feel" to the site, you might consider a brownish color (there's=
=20
a name for this in photos that escapes me right now) for the font=20
color.  This would also be very complimentary to the brown fleck in the=20
background.

The "links" image with the white background needs to go - or change the=20
white background to transparent or matching the background color.

I'm not sure of the interaction of your site with=20
http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/citygov/health/index.htm, but these have two=20
different feelings and design.  Should that be?  Also the pages at this=20
site need to be coded "white" of "#FFFFFF" - they are set on automatic and=
=20
come out dirty grey using a high contrast monitor with windows colors.

Hope this is not too late and is helpful.
           ((( =B8.-=B7=B7=B7- ^~~ ^
            (         {>=AAY=AA<}
Katsuey's Legal Gateway
http://www.katsuey.com