Re: sorry if this is a repost

by Neo <neo(at)naturalperfection.com>

 Date:  Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:44:46 -0700
 To:  "Robert Swist" <bobswist(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:58 AM 02/07/2000 -0700, Robert Swist wrote:

>my site: www.freespeech.org/continue/
>
>my concerns:
>1. I have done my best to make this 800 and 1024 resolution friendly - is it?

Seems to be I'm at 1024*768 but resized the browser window, which is
probably something that needs to be taken into consideration a lot more
that anybody having a screen rez of 800*600, and that is that
even those that have a screen rez greater than 800*600 they most
likely won't have the browser full screen anyway.

It's very rare that I do, because I'm usually working on something else at
the same time.

>2. There's a browser detect redirection script on the index and I was
>wondering if it's working ok.

Seems to work fine here: Win98, IE 5.5 (beta).

>3. the color scheme. I've gotten mixed reviews in alt.html about it.

Hmm personally I'm not a big fan of grey. Since I've been working
on a color scheme for my own site, I've been slowly making my own
color chart which I have up here:
http://www.nisa.net/~2nerotik/COLOR_CHART.html
For which I will be adding many more colors to, maybe it will help you, as
you can see it looks pretty much like those paint sample
strips you get in a paint store which is where I go the idea from.

>if I've shed any significant weight.

Seems to load just fine here, no real noticeable lag and today I'm
only at 31.2K and sharing the line with some other programs.

>if the 'contact form' doesn't work - I know. looking for another provider.

Tried it, don't know if it worked, it said it was sent but only
you will know I guess.

>please let me know platform, resolution, browser if you have any comments.

Additional comments:
On the Departure page you have:

   some places to check out before you leave:
    (all will spawnnew window)

at the top of the page, as you can see you have "spawn new window"
as one word, and more correctly should read "... spawn a new ..."

.oOo.