Re: Please Critique

by Ary627 <Ary627(at)aol.com>

 Date:  Sun, 4 Jan 1998 21:08:59 EST
 To:  helmann1(at)mwt.net
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
***Viewed with Windows 95, Pentium-166, 32MB RAM,
56K modem, 640x480 16bit, Netscape Communicator 4.04

Hello!

Overall... your page isn't bad!

But I do have a few suggestions....

1.) Load time

The load time wasn't bad for me but you might want to
get a second opinion on that, probably someone using a
28.8 modem.

2.) Graphics

Your graphics are nice... but I think they're a little
too big. Try shrinking your "drag.jpg" picture so that I
won't have to scroll left and right to see the whole
image.

3.) Frames

Yep... you said it! Too many and too confusing. I prefer
if you only used two frames and give your visitor the
option to break away from your frames. I know many out
there who just hate frames. I thought the two frames
on top were definitely unnecessary and all the info in
those frames should be placed below your drag.jpg
picture. Once that's done, increase the width of your
left frame a little.

4.) Text

Please don't use a special font. Most of us, if not all,
do not have the fonts you require us to have in order
to view your site and the last thing I want to do when I'm
looking at someone's page is to download a zip file,
unzip it, and install the font. Use a font that almost
everyone has and looks nice like arial or arial narrow...
to name a few.

5.) General Appearance

I like it! But there are some mistakes I found....

When I clicked on "Chat", it didn't open in the
other frame... I saw the page source... you forgot to
put :

TARGET="index"

When I clicked on "events" it opened up in that small
skinny frame on the top right hand corner and it took me
awhile to notice that. You might want to redirect your
link so it appears in the big frame.

Well.. that's all I've got to say. I hope I've helped a bit...
your page is the first page I've ever critiqued!
Good luck with your site! =)

===

- Anthony Yu
http://members.aol.com/Ary627/