Re: Donating (was Re: Voting Members)

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:43:16 -0800
 To:  "Thatcher Lane Williams" <xcelsior(at)ici.net>,
<hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Thatcher,

>Thatcher Lane Williams
>Devil's Advocate-In-Training

Oh I think you're way beyond training now.  ;)

>the bottom line of what every has been asking about paying
>memberships etc.: "WHY NOW?"

Because the election is now - speaking only for myself, of course.

Look, let me make this perfectly clear - er...um...allow me to rephrase
that; it happened like this: there I was, minding my own business when
suddenly I was summoned. Summoned? Yes, summoned to run for this election.
So I am.

Now that it has been called to my attention, I agree that I *should* join as
a Plus member. And yes, Thatcher, you're right, after receiving so much
benefit from my membership, it's only appropriate that I do.

That's "why now" - for me. I don't know how to be any more candid.

>TO D: Sorry if you personally took offense.

Oh, never mind me. I've had too much coffee. Or was it lack of sleep? I
forget.

>FOR ALL: Not asking for a knight in shining armour.

Too bad. I am. And I rather enjoy it!  <======}~~

Regards,
Demitrius >I<