Re: My response to what I've read...

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:16:13 -0800
 To:  monsta(at)dubuque.net (Steven Cook)
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:20 p.m. 01/18/98 -0600, Steven Cook wrote:
>We need to increase paid membership.

Agreed!  Apart from "increasing the value of paid membership
by delivering on promised services", do you have any ideas how
to do this?  This isn't really an election issue, so feel free
to respond to me off the list.

(Someone once said that the problem with the Guild's membership
structure isn't that paid membership is "no good", it's that
free membership is _too_ good.  In other words, what we give
away for free now, we could easily charge $20 or $35 for, and
make some money -- but because basic membership is free,
"plus" and "value" have to be that much _better_ in order to
sell themselves, and that's hard.)

Candidates, any opinions on the above?

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>