GarBAge II...

by "Spelaean" <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:12:54 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>If Graphic Workshop only reads a thumbnail image from your CDR files, it
>will allow you to convert from CDR, but you'll be converting the preview
>images. This will not be attractive. Should you contact us and ask us why
>converting from CDR thumbnail images results in a small, coarse graphic
>that's nowhere near as good as it looks in Corel Draw, our leather winged
>demon of the night will make a special trip over to visit you and rip out
>your lungs.

The moral of the story... don't use Graphic Workshop.  Just kidding.
Actually, as a Corel user, I usually don't see these problems.
Besides, if anyone ever needs a vector from me, I ask what platform
they are on, and export to their format.  EPS works well all-around.
My clients and associates will usually get a CD or zip from me with
each image in its own folder in about ten different formats... just to
make sure.

>Hi Raymond.  Have to agree. I have Photoshop, Director, Premier, Flash, =
>Fireworks.  All Adobe products.

Nope, only Photoshop and Premier are Adobe.  The rest are
Macromedia.  Actually, I've found Macromedia's tutorials
VERY thorough and easy to understand.  The interface is
unique, which is horrible, but once over on the tutorial is
all one really needs.

I've never had a problem understanding Adobe products,
I just usually find them to be too limited.  I'll see a feature
that is available in both PhotoShop and PhotoPaint, but
PhotoShop just won't have though seemingly infinite
options that PP carries.  One thing is true, though, Corel
only pushes its few preferred plug-ins (Squizz, Paint Alchemy,
Fancy, etc.), but it doesn't really need the others.  While its
nice to go ahead and throw in a lot of AlienSkin stuff, I
can see why Corel doesn't push it.  Most plug-ins are pretty
cheesy, played-out, and disreputable, anyway.  Adobe
has kind of taken that market for themselves.  Maybe
Corel just doesn't want anyone to miss out on the incredible
features they have put in themselves?

Go rent 'Pi', 'Buffalo 66', and 'Cube'.  They all came out
on video this month (in that order).  Three really amazing
independent films.

I'm out... like when you used to roll you're pants up.

-Steve