Re: Vector Programs

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:03:01 +0100
 To:  "Html Writers Guild Graphics Discussion Group" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Good evening!

In a nutshell:
A Vector is a mathematical way of defining a curve. A vector has size and
direction defined.
Vector graphics can be resized without any loss whatsoever.
(Bitmaps get cropped when reduced and the cropped information is just lost,
when magnifying there is no way how to re-create the lost data)

Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator are vector graphic programs.
Corel Photopaint and Adope Photoshop are not vector graphic programs.
(Although you can define and use vectors in Corel Photopaint 8, so called
"paths")

Hope this helps!

Ramon Bartschat

P.S: You're only 16!? (you wrote that in an earlier e-mail)
Welcome to the club!