Re: free graphic ware

by "MomJ" <momj(at)capecodmouse.com>

 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 1999 01:20:19 -0400
 To:  <webmaster(at)webzar.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have used dicer and it does a nice job. =20

I would be wary of ANY program or search that "will scavenge the Net for =
images".  The files returned are often copyrighted and not freely =
available for your use.  (I speak from experience, I had one stolen that =
way. Thief told me "I used xyz.com 's graphics search." He thought that =
gave him a right to it!!) =20

This brings up one more thought. To help avoid having your graphics =
found by the engines don't name them common words.  Maybe you made a =
blackcat.gif - try naming blktac.gif  or ct-blk.gif.  Develop a system =
that works for you.  It also doesn't hurt to put graphics in separate =
directories and ban access to graphics directories in your robots.txt =
file.

Mousily yours,
MomJ - the mouse with the 5 foot tail!
(aka CCmouse)