Re: total newbie question

by "Greg Hart" <ghh1701(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:49:25 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>The simplest way in PSP5 is to
>    1)    load you graphic
>    2)    colors-->Increase Color Depth-->16Million Cols
>    3)    Image-->effects-->buttonize
>    4)    Select Transparant edge and play around with the width controls
>
>when you back as a gif, the color depth will be reduced again
>
>Phil Yardley
>www.p-inet.co.uk

That's how I've always done my rectangular 3d buttons

>>The easiest way I've found in PSP is:
>>
>>Make a rectangle using the SELECTION tool.  I made mine to be about 150 x
>>100 pixels.  Then go to the Selection menu, choose Modify, Contract.  I
put
>>a value of 7 in here.  Go back to the Selection menu, choose Modify,
>Expand.
>>I put a value of 12 in here.  Bingo.  I now have a rectangle with rounded
>>edges.  Hope this helps! :)
>>
>>Deborah

This is a great idea, always wondered if there was a way to avoid the old
fashioned way of rounding by magnifying and turning off the pixels on the
corners.

Now, how do you combine the two? How do you make a rounded button 3d with
the shadowing and all? (other than the manual way I've been doing)

Tried using the two techniques combined, but the buttonize feature is
strictly a rectangular effect.

Greg Hart