Re: dual processor question

by "Phil Yardley" <phil.yardley(at)p-inet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:43:35 +0100
 To:  "corey Playmore" <blckhrt_panther(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Unfortunatley, Bryce 3D does not take advantage of dual processors.

Even NT is not true multi-processor (it cheats by distributing whole
programs to a single processor - as opposed to both processors working on
the same program - if it was the latter.... most programs would be quicker)

True multi-processor tech is VERY expensive and a nightmare to write
software for .. (look how expensive CRAY systems are!)

If you need high end processing my recomendation (as a former PC
manufacturer) would be to go for 3 things:

    1)    MHz - get the fastest single cpu solution you can afford (1GHz by
end of this year according to Intel)
    2)    RAM - as much as you can afford
    3)    More RAM ! !

Phil Yardley