Re: Microsoft's GIF Animator

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:18:13 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Jason M. Herber" <jason(at)cnewsgroup.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jason,

>I recently wanted to go get the installer for Microsoft's GIF Animator
>from their website, only to find they seem to have pulled it off.

http://www6.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=000BDX

I used to use this exclusively for my animations. I have since, however,
switched to Ulead's GIF Animator. It allows you to make much smaller file
sizes by allowing you to make a "cell" of just the moving part, leaving the
rest untouched. It makes a big difference in download times.

Ulead's is not free, but IMO well worth the small investment.
http://www.ulead.com

Regards,
Demitrius >I<