Re: making a whole site that i did 640x480 friendly..... its 800x600 now.....

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:50:36 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Ken Ross <kenross(at)snip.net>
>         I have a site that i am working on and it looks great in
800x600
>but i just noticed in 640x480 that it crops pictures all over the
place. Is
>there a program what will run through a site and re do it in the other
>resolution 640x480? Or do i have to go and do this by hand
>ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh1!!!!

If there is, someone please let me know about it. Ken, designing your
pages to suit the 640x480 resolution would require you to do this
manually, making sure that the body of your images, tables, etc do not
exceed a maximum width of 600 or so (take in account for the scroll bar
on the right).

You can control some of the width resolution problems with tables, using
percentage widths (even though, sometimes, this will play havoc on your
images). I know others will argue it's not good to use tables to do your
layout, but, hey, if it works, do it.

HTH,
--
Cindy K. Stanley