Re: Viewing gif/jps question

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 1999 20:33:44 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Sandy Stillwell <wallama(at)eskimo.com>
>I'm working with a new client and one of the first things I did was put
up a
>test page with three photographs.  The first was off her existing web
site
>and was in GIF format.  I cleaned up the original and gave her two
samples
>so she could see the difference in the clarity and file size when saved
in
>JPG format.  Today I got a message back from her that on her site her
>original graphic looks fine but the two I did in JPG looked out of
focus???
>She is using AOL, so could it be her browser,

Yes, it could be her browser. Check out this url for further
information:
http://webmaster.info.aol.com/

>ISP, screen resolution or how
>she has her colors set on her computer???

screen resolution and colors also.  jpegs show awful at 256 colors and
better at 16 bit High color or true color.

>The photos in question are on
>http://www.jps.net/llamajer/bluemoon/
>
>Would love to get some feedback and ideas.  Do any of you see a problem
with
>the two JPG photos and if so what is your resolution and color
settings?

IE4.0, Win95, 800x600 High Color 16 bit, the 2 "cleaned" pics look fine
to me. The second one, the writing at the bottom is a bit harder to read
from the original, but the photo itself looks good.

--
Cindy K. Stanley