Re: Making "transparent" background images

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:03:39 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: board operator <bordop(at)juno.com>
>I have played around in PaintShop Pro and various other graphic-design
>programs that are way over my amateur head and still have yet to
discover
>how to make an image transparent enough that I won't have to highlight
>text to make it visible.

Using psp5, you could either make your image and adjust your gamma
correction, through Colors/Adjust, and get the transparency desired, or
you could opt to make a transparent layer by doing the following:

Make sure you have your "layer palette" visible first, by choosing
View/Toolbars, and checking the Layer Palette box. Then, right click on
that "background" box (in the layer palette) and choose Promote to
Layer. Use the slider bar to make your transparency on the image. After
you have your desired transparency, choose Layers/Merge/Merge All
(flatten).

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service