Re: Freezing upon opening (mouse use)

by "Search Engine Laisha" <laisha(at)geocities.com>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:57:00 -0600
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
don't know what you've tried already, but this should help:

Open control panel and then open the system control panel.

Click on the "Performance" tab and then the "Graphics" button.

Move the "Hardware Acceleration" slider down a notch, and you should see
that it says "Use this setting to correct problems with the mouse pointer."

That should fix the problem temporarily. Then check for graphics driver
updates. (I would be fairly willing to bet you have a Diamond Multimedia
card -- Viper and Monster Fusion most often cause problems like the one you
describe.) If that is indeed what you have, the url is
http://www.diamondmm.com/products/drivers/driver-index.html .

If this is not the thing that is causing your problem, you are certainly
ahead of the game by updating drivers anyway.

HTH.

For a good time, call:

http://www.laisha.com/search
http://www.instantsales.com