Re: Vanishing web design careers...

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:14:22 +0100 (BST)
 To:  Eliza and Zoe <halywn(at)xenon.net>,
Garbanga <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Eliza well said --

In addition, I would add that it well serve Garbanga well to remember
that the internet was not implemented to make money -- it was for
informational purposes, emergiencies in particular, only.

Obviously its evolved well beyond that. But what does or doesnt happen
with your site is entirely up to you. Advertising, marketing and
promotion is part of the game for an individual as well as an
organization.

For our purposes --- we want to make a living -- but what we do (or end
up doing) encompasses much more than what is seen or experienced on the
internet.

Lisa