Re: CSS and XML for Dummies...

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:13:05 +0100 (BST)
 To:  Garbanga <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Steve I suggest you read my other posts about the hell Im going through
with a Fortune 500 client that has a "designer" who knows graphic
design and nothing about programming -- not even HTML.Please -- I know
HTML is the basic of all the things anyone should know -- but youd be
amazed at how many "web designers" dont know even that --- there are
even some posts Im getting from people saying they dont know HTML
either -- they rely on their software programs to handle the code.

As I said in the post -- this Graphics Guru says he "doesnt care" and
doesnt have to know it" ------- the guy put together a whole intranet
site in one Photoshop PSD file over 200 pages (pages, links, icons the
works) and couldnt understand why the damned thing doesnt do what he
thinks it should do.

He said that "Photoshop is much more creative and its all he needs" ---
when the IT people got hold of it they flipped --- now they have to
spend MORE money to bring someone in who will clean up the mess and
re-do the thing properly. I agree -- you have to know advanced
programming and the like. Thats my point. Most of the people Im coming
across either expect that you know these things or that you are getting
yourself up-to-speed with the technologies available.

I sat there and took it all in -- because I was blatantly disrespected
and ignored when I tried to bring attention to the fact that his way
isnt the way to get the job done -- as arrogant as he wants to be
because hes a talented graphic designer -- he doenst make the grade on
the web.

Self-centered ?? Not by a long shot.

Lisa