Re: Print

by Peter Williams <hendauto(at)ne.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:24:14 +1100
 To:  "Carol G. Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Carol,
If it is a full colour print job (4 colour) then
you may have to rotate the image around a bit on
the bed of your scanner to reduce moire patterns.

They occur because the image is made of screened
dots already and you are scanning it into another
dot pattern. Many image editors/scanning apps have
a moire reduction filter as part of the program.

I guess copyright could also be an issue.

Peter.

At 14:30 21/12/98 -0600, Carol G. Parent typed frantically:
>Is there any little tricks to scanning a printed graphic(logo of a company
>that normally advertises in print and now wants me to put that logo on the
>web) and then making it "look good" for the web?

Peter Williams
hendauto(at)ne.com.au