Re: .gif background vs. hex color

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:55:04 -0600
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  lpl(at)ci.lawrence.ks.us
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:21 PM 1/11/99 -0600, you wrote:

Hi Karen!

I would suggest you create a "background.gif" with the same background
color as your images.  The browser will tile it for your background color,
and it should be a perfect match for the background on your images.

HTH,

Mike

>I have created a .gif image in photoshop 5
>with a background color of	R255
>				G255
>				B204
>
>This graphic has a information profile
>of 16-bit RGB true color which was then
>converted to indexed color and saved as
>a .gif.
>
>It has been placed on a web page whose
>background is intended to match exactly
>the background color of the .gif.
>
>On some monitors, however, the two colors
>are quite different shades of yellow and
>the difference is not acceptable at all.
>
>I'm wondering what I should be doing that
>I'm not doing in order to make the background
>color of the .gif match exactly the background
>color of the entire page.
>
>The whole thing may be viewed at-
>
>http://www.ci.lawrence.ks.us/govt2/recycling/r_index.html
>
>Can anyone advise me on this?
>
>TIA,
>
>karen

mjm

Freedom Systems Group      ~       www.scenic-bluffs.com/fsg

Michael Jon Muehlendorf      ~        coyote(at)scenic-bluffs.com