Re: Selective Transparency with PS4

by David Moninger <David.Moninger(at)IslandTime.com>

 Date:  Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:45:52 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
How about making the white you want transparent some unique color ... hot
pink? ... and then, when exporting, define hot pink as the transparent color?

david

At 11:35 AM 4/3/98 PST, Collin Lim wrote:

>On Photoshop 4, when exporting images as GIF format with a transparent
>color, is there a way (or trick) to preserve a portion of the image to
>be non-transparent when that portion is the same color as the one you
>picked as transparent?
>
>For example, I have an image of a Mercedes with part of the roof being
>white.  I exported the image as GIF format from PS4 with white being the
>transparent color.  That means part of the roof becomes transparent
>also.  On that particular web page, I have a background color of white
>with pattern.  The pattern is showing through the roof of the Mercedes.
>You'll see what I mean by visiting:
>
>http://members.xoom.com/eap/
>
>I thought about painting the white part of the roof off-white.  But
>there is no off-white color in the web-safe palette.  I'd appreciate any
>help you can offer, even when its "CANNOT BE DONE".
>
>-Collin

   David.Moninger(at)IslandTime.com
         provides Computer Consulting ... from the Beach
  <> Internet Marketing Strategies & Web Sites by david <>
 Accessing the World from the Sands of Indian Rocks Beach, FL