re: drawbacks to mixing cases in files

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:28:31 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  skfisk(at)iserv.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
>To the List: any serious drawbacks to mixing case in file or image
>names?
>
>Terry Fowler

Hi Terry,

I don't have the expertise to answer authoritatively, but I had an
experience this week uploading my HWG Class assignment. I uploaded a
folder, /Lesson2, to my server and was unable to access my files until I
changed the folder name to all lower case letters, ie, /lesson2. I think
I'm hosted on a Unix server.

If memory serves me correctly, I think I remember an old thread about PS4
creating .JPG extensions and the advice was to convert them to .jpg because
of problems with upper case letters and Unix.

For what it's worth,

Mark Horvath
--
Public Keys available from