Re: Photoshop is crud!

by Nick Harrison <nick(at)iii.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:34:10 +0100
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Bob McClelland <moonraker(at)webart.u-net.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Photoshop is *BY FAR* the best package available for what it does.

Operations within photoshop are NOT tedious, if you know how to take
advantage of the features. Recording macro's and playing them for multiple
jobs is easy enough. If you have been using for some time, its a breeze to
use.

Saying that, it is a complex package, which can be difficult to get your
head around if you don't know what half the things do. I doubt weather many
people have used the 4 colour separation utilities, unless they have been
involved in printing or bureau work.

These days, 'Photoshop LE' ( print-separation stuff disabled) practically
comes free with most flatbed scanners, so for =A3200 - =A31000 you will get =
it
for nothing!

If you use it professionally, within the design industry, it walks over
everything else, within New Media, its still at the top.

I have working within new media for 5 years and using photoshop for about 7
years, and it was version2 for Mac only then. Adobe has since made it
available for PC etc etc...

It SHOULD be part of your suite of software, if you are a designer!

Rgds
A photoshop Veteran!