Re: Powerpoint HTML export question.

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:41:36 -0500
 To:  Mike Taylor <lonewolf(at)one.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike,

First, I do not know the answer to the question you posted.

Second, given the quality of the HTML produced by PP, I would be a lot more
worried about that than the quality of the images.

I recently did a "re-do" for a site that was generated this way. It was
ugly, very ugly - I cried all the way to the bank.

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 11:45 AM 3/24/99 -0500, Mike Taylor wrote:
>Has anyone tried the "Save as HTML" feature on Powerpoint.  Although it
>saves a heck of a lot of time, the way in which PP filters the images is
>less than extradordinary.
>
>Does anyone know if there's a way to improve the image filters in PP so
>that the quality of the original PP slides is  not compromised when
>converting to GIFs?  I'd hate to have to manually edit these images
>myself.
>
>Mike Taylor
>lonewolf(at)one.net
>http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and
International Webmasters Association