Re: optimizing in Fireworks

by "J. Ramsey" <tubetown(at)newnorth.net>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:48:24 -0600
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:40:54 -0000
From: "Sian \(Rio\)" <webdiva(at)webdiva.screaming.net>
Subject: Reducing File sizes in Fireworks3

I'm trying to reduce a file size in Fireworks 3. The Image is a jpg from a
digial camera and at the moment is 256k. I'd like to reduce the file size to
something that will load quickly but still produce a reasonable clarity.

If you would like to view the image it can be found on
http://www.ivor-church.org/restoration.htm

TIA
Sian

Webdiva/Rio/Sian

Hi, Sian,
	I took a look at your image.....brought it into FW, did some simple size
reduction and then optimized it before exporting (oh, and I added a little
border, too - just 'cuz).....
 	I have the results posted on my site at :

<http://www.pinnidesigns.com/services/comp.cfm>

	The size of the image is completely arbritrary - you could easily make it
bigger or smaller and stay in the same ballpark as far as file size. This
just shows you what is possible - depending on your tastes, you can improve
image quality and get a bit bigger file size or compress it more and save
even more load time.
	Hope this helps - let me know if I can help further, alright?

John
Pinni Designs
www.pinnidesigns.com
John Ramsey