Re: Perhaps this is for HTML, but..

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 00:34:20 -0500
 To:  Michael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:11 AM 28/01/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Correct. They do not validate, however I have found that by using these
>tags you will not break any of the browsers which do not support them.
>They simply were not picked up by the W3C, but they do work.

Yup, they do work in NS and IE and AFAIK do not hurt page rendering in
browsers that do not support them.  I was merely answering Cindy's question
about validation though, not passing judgement on the workability of those
attributes ;-).  They were not picked up by the W3C because they promote
the separation between structural markup (HTML/XML) and physical formatting
of documents (CSS/XSL).  That is also why the W3C deprecated all the
physical formatting tags and attributes in the HTML 4.0 standard.

St=E9phane Bergeron