Re: copyright flashing on saved images

by Michael Silveus <msilveus(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:02:47 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Sunil,

Actually this is a very poor way of handling this issue. Software is freely
available on the net that can take apart an animated GIF and extract each
individual cell. So you can see it would be very easy to extract the=
 original
image *if* there is at least 1 frame that did not contain an overlay.

Mike

At 22:25 04/10/1999 -0700, Sunil Bahl wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>I came across some very cool animated gif=92s on one of the sites I had=20
>visited sometime last month. I used the save as option to save the=20
>images on my hard disk, so that I could study them better later. When=20
>I opened the file I saw the words =93unauthorized=94 flashing on the=20
>lower part of the animated gif and the owners e-mail address flashing=20
>on the upper art of the animated gif.=20
>
>Now what I would like to know is that how did that person manage to=20
>do that to his animated gif????? It=92s an amazing way of preventing=20
>someone else from using images you have created. Do I need a special=20
>software for that???? Can I make that happen to static images also??
>
>Looking forward to your reply=92s via e-mail or post.
>
>Best Wishes,
>Sunil.

>Sunil Bahl :  sunilbahl(at)hotmail.com            ICQ: 16174772=20
>=20
>Webmaster of:=20
>=20
>1. TIGER'S DEN=20
>   http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/network/9124/sunil.htm =20
>=20
>2. ROTARY INTERCAMBIO DE J=D3VENES: "EL VIAJE A ARGENTINA"=20
>   http://www.geocities.com/collegepark/field/4984/rotary.htm=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

Through Truth comes Wisdom and Honor becomes Strength.

                 \||/
                 |  @___oo
 <  >      |(,,) )__)         msilveus(at)home.com
  ||      /    \)___)\        http://michaelsilveus.com  =20

Chivalry is not dead so long as there are those who wish to keep it alive.