Re: OT: Netscape Problem

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:11:03 -0500
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I'm trying to design a page using a rather fancy table layout, and it looks
>fine in IE5 and Opera 4.02, but not in Netscape 4.6.  I've gone through the
>HTML code, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.  The page in
>question can be found at <http://www.phorumbuilder.net/members/>.

Hi Peter,

I ran your page through CSE's HTML Validator and says that the opening
.<TR> tag in line 30 was never closed farther down your code. Netscape, as
I'm sure you know, is really "finnicky" about displaying tables and not too
forgiving.

I don't know if that is the ultimate solution to the problem, but it might
be a good place to start.

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath