Re: "Professional" Graphics Programs

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:43:34 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Paul,

Firstly, I'm not sure what she/he's talking about.  PageMaker and Quark are
layout programs and unless you're using a layout program to create a CD
label (why not use something like CD Stomper), I can't imagine that that
would pertain.  You can add registration (or crop marks) using PSP
7.0.  I'm not sure about the earlier versions but I suspect so.  Try
looking up crop marks.

This sounds as though your printer is using a MAC.  In this case you may
want to use one of the drawing programs that  will export in an "AI EPS"
format which is reliably readable by the MACs.

HTH

Peggi

.At 09:04 AM 4/4/01 -0400, Villano, Paul wrote:
>Thought those of you who use Paint Shop Pro would find this comment
>interesting.  In my discussions with the contractor I mentioned I'm doing
>the CD label I mentioned on the list in Paint Shop Pro 5.01.  The contractor
>made a pointed statement that they usually only accept "professional art
>formats (Pagemaker, Illustrator, Quark, or Corel)"...emphasis on
>"professional!...but that they'd work with the Paint Shop Pro file if I sent
>it.  Are there any formats for printing purposes that PSP 5.01 can't do? The
>contractors don't specify a file type (other than the above) they want, but
>do mention they want: registration marks, color seps...

Peggi Rodgers
Flash Programmer
Tide Pool Enterprises
Pacific Grove, CA