Re: "Professional" Graphics Programs

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:59:46 +0100
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I am not knocking those hard working printers, as I have several
>friends who do that for a living. It is almost fascinating to watch,
>but the ink goo all over the hands, that never wash off... not my
>cup o' tea.
>
>But the above comments from Freda is why I prefer web design over
>print, less mess, less hassles, ... well usually.
>
>And yes, I am a Photoshop fan, although PSP has aspects that are fun
>to play with. I thought of checking out the Elements program, but
>read it has no curves, which means less fun with images (I finally
>got the knack of curves, and wouldn't want to do without for my
>pics.) Otherwise, it looks good for web designers and others who can
>use it for their needs. I believe in using the right tools for the
>job, whatever they may be.

I still prefer print, by far, guess I'm a control freak. I love
Photoshop, it replaced my dark room but I'd estimate at least half of
it is for print work and not necessary for web stuff.

Cheers.
Freda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions on how to