Re: Images for an etext

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:02:30 -0400
 To:  "Rob Parker" <RobParker(at)access.net.au>
 Cc:  <hwg-gutenberg-dtds(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can't get it to display on current browsers (Unless you are using
XHTML), but put it in just the same because i am sure this will not be the
case in a couple of years!

We will also have to declare a notation in the DTD for images. The current
DTD does not have the proper declarations.

Remember we are doing this for posterity

Frank

PS. You can  get them to appear in both Gecko and IE5 _now_by declaring and
using a namespace <html:img src=etc/> tag. However this is a temporary
solution, and I would rather do things "properly" and wait for the soft ware
to catch up with our 'correct' markup, rather than vice versa.