RE: Browser's Back button and BASE HREF

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:51:19 -0600
 To:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
OK, bear with me, because I've only modified a few JavaScripts:   My
frameset doc (index.html) loads - among other things - the doc (nav_js.html)
that checks for hi or lo screen resolution, then redirects in this case to
nav_hires.html. The most recent history at any given point is the previous
document. Then the history for nav_js.html is index.html and the history for
nav_hires.html is nav_js.html. So I need to intercept this history process
and replace the current history with a url that is one step back? If that's
correct, I still don't understand if I can put my script in nav_js.html or
nav_hires.html by itself, or if it has to be part of the existing redirect
script in nav_js.html? I'm assuming the following script from irt.org is
what you folks are suggesting ...

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
if(document.images)
	location.replace('http://www.midwestent.com/SomePage.html');
else
	location.href = 'SomePageBackOneStep.html';
//--></SCRIPT>

Keith Purtell, Web Designer
VantageMed Corporation

http://www.midwestent.com/