Re: unterminated string constant error

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:21:43 +0530
 To:  "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>,
<Chucke(at)captura.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

Two things:

First:

The code is OK, you have split the string into two with a hard-coded CRLF.
This is your problem, I've checked it on IE5 & NN4.7, it works. Basically JS
strings can't contain a CRLF(#13#10)

Second:
My guess is it will work if done in ASP, since the ASP act is over by the
time your webserver is ready to do the preprocessing. Infact I remember
conditional SSI's being done in CFML.

Cheers,
-Srini